Sunday, May 20, 2012

Scrabble Letter DIY Part 1

Being a stay-at-home-mom I try to be as recycle friendly as possible... I collect certain things for ART... I am not a hoarder... I have ideas for everything ;c) 
One of my favorite materials is cardboard, more specifically huggies diapers boxes! They are thick and don't bend when painted.... Go them!
I have been wanting to create something rather large to cover a bare wall in our living room...I have been looking at scrabble letters but most of the DIYs involve actually wood and of course a way to cut the wood... I decided to improvise and use cardboard  and painted it to look like wood ;c) 
After which I had to hand draw the letters to look like the real scrabble letters... Why didn't I print them out you ask?  Lack of ink... everyone has been in that position at least once... So I took the extremely long route but the letters turned out fantastic!
Here is an close-up of Bentz showing how large the squares actually are, 7.5in by 7.5in...  I was very satisfied and ready to glue it together and hang it on the wall... However; Dad and I decided to add all four of our names to make it really look like scrabble! Now to make 12 more letters... yikes!

I love you Cash & Bentley, equally and more than anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment