Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Planting Flowers and Playing in Water!



This weekend we had THE best weather of the year! I swear it hit 90... haha....Cash and Bentley, I wanted to let you know I am very proud of you for being smart little cookies... BUT I do not like you pushing the bench to the french doors and unlocking the dead bolt to escape into the backyard... Luckily I didn't have to worry about it much since I was outside planting flowers with you...
Dad and I moved a massive fountain and got it running! He also bought a little pool for you to enjoy... You little boys have everything lol...
It was so beautiful outside and really felt like summer! I look forward to many more days very similar to this...
Of course we had to take a break and the adults had a nice cocktail Daddy made ;c) CHEERS *Dad taught you that a while back...*
Despite my best efforts to keep sunscreen on you both, I must admit you got a little pink... Luckily you have my Italian blood and the pink will soon be a tan.... We will be some bronze babes by the end of summer!
Today we did some water coloring and went though a collection of books from your Great Grandmother Pink... Hard back Eric Carle books, unopened E.B. White collection, early readers books... THANK YOU! I have not purchased a single book for you C&B, your Grandmother and Pink have quite the collection... I did however come across an interesting little story... Sam & Company... To sum it up it is a religious cult book for children... Soul travel and the 11 God Worlds... ECKANKAR if you are curious...  The book is from 1983 but was founded in 1965... Of course your Grandpa Marty would know about the fad and this summer when we visit we will be checking out the attic for material and other treasures.... 

I love you Cash Ryland & Bentley Jax, equally and more than anything!





3 comments:

  1. The Eckankar book came from Pink...it was mine as a child. I wouldn't say "cult" (my opinion)....but I will be curious what Marty has to say. I don't think you will find material on that in his attic, but you will find it in Pink's storage room. (In case you were curious). Love ME. Oh, and I have books to add to your collection. (Not religious ones, but normal ones).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri, Happy you are having such a wonderful life with the twins, planting flowers, doing art projects with them, and finally getting to those book. I have more to give you from my classroom that is in the storage room when I get back to Vancouver. Yes, your Dad will know about Eckankar! We both studied it and it was the best thing that ever happened to me in my life, a wonderful philosophy to follow that got me on the right PATH. If you are interested I will share some of my favorite books with you to read. Everyone has to search and find their own path, however. I love you so much and am so very proud of you!! Can't wait to hug you and the boys! Love you forever and always, PINK

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a blogger par excellence!

    ReplyDelete