Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Earth Day 2012

Whew.... I just spent several hours going through the pictures from the week... We have been busy! I knew Earth Day was soon approaching and I wanted to do some fun activity with you two! After a little research and an inventory of household items... I decided we would make recycled paper with flower petals/grass ;c)
We gathered our items outside and it was precious to watch you carry around the bag filling it with dandelions and grass... After a few minutes of playing we came in and tore up a bunch of scrap paper, mixed it with warm water and blended it down to a pulp... I may have broken the little strainer/sifter thing to get a screen for this project (sorry Josh..) 
After a few days they were finally dry (glad I planned ahead) and ready for you to watercolor! *Thank you to The Grandmother for bringing us the wonderful batch of art supplies* While my mother was visiting she suggested I trace your hands (smart)... I spent days on this project... After gluing the carefully cut hand prints to the paper, I turned my back for a second and.... $#!?... One of you got Cash's down and broke it into little bits... Oh well... What's next?!

I love you both equally and more than anything! 
Happy Earth Day 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Great project and as for the breaking of the hand... boys will be boys and you have it x2! Hope you are healthy and happy :} All my love to all y'all!

    ReplyDelete