Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rainbow Art

I have been looking at melted crayon art on Pinterest and have been wanting to do the ever-so popular rainbow! 
It just makes me smile!
I used a 64 pack of Crayola plus the preferable brights out of another box, and a canvas... At first I tried to use Super Glue to attach them... BUT That was not working well and getting all over my fingers... Josh ran to the store to buy me a cute little pink glue gun to fix my problem... Not sure why I didn't own one already?? Anyways...I made sure every label was facing the SAME direction and placed it in a window for a slight angle..
I used my hair dryer on low, pointing straight down (this is important to keep the colors from flying everywhere).. It takes patience and I recommend doing one small section at a time and going back to create the layered look... I decided it was too bare and melted it more...

I am super proud of the way it turned out! Now I am tempted to make more!!! 

Cash & Bentz- I did this while you were sleeping... I promise we will play with melted crayons when you a little older ;c) LOVE YOU BOTH!

ps- I made a 4.0 this quarter... I actually made an A in that difficult logic class! GO ME! *happy dance* Remember you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to....


No comments:

Post a Comment