Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years 2012

I know i'm a little late on this blog but we have been having such a wonderful time as a family over the last few days that I've been unable to get it together ;c) Your Dad has taken the last three days off and we have been incredibly lazy and its been absolutely fantastic!
 For New Years Eve we started the day by visiting my Mom and getting a cute picture of the three of us ;c)
Uncle Maddox was our assistant ;c) Wearing a trash bag cape and modeling a name plate haha
Originally I created some cute little pink zebra duct tape ties for the occasion and as an after thought decided to get dressed for a mini-fam photo...
They didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned... It was also very stressful to get you to sit still without slipping them off ;c)
After Dad got home we started our own tradition of New Year Nachos! They were vegetarian and phenomenal! Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I am totally obsessed with peperoncinis! I need them on everything in abundance! 
I also utilized my Christmas gift from my Merrr (mom)... I like to call it Goose, it aerates the wine and makes it oh so tasty!
The two of you stayed up with us until midnight, extremely hyper due to the frosting-filled spoons I gave you ;c) 
At first I was SUPER bummed that I missed the  ball drop live in New York City by ONE minute! Luckily they replayed it for our time zone! I got my kiss and we all banged pots and pans!
Then I thought to myself, "self, why do we bang pots and pans?!" I looked up the history and it originated from the belief that loud noises kept away evil spirits! I also learned in Spain they try to eat 12 grapes in the minute after midnight (as did my friend HK), dimes are placed in cabbages for good luck and anything round represents good luck and prosperity! My mom actually knew quite a bit on the topic... She made cornbread, black eyed-peas and collared greens for New Years Day dinner... Your Dad wasn't so keen on that idea...Instead, hewanted juicy-lucys (hamburgers with cheese in the middle)... They are round right?!?! Man they were delicious! 
We have had a fantastic weekend and look forward to the next year and all it has to offer! 
HAPPY NEW YEAR CASH RYLAND & BENTLEY JAX!
I love you both equally and more than anything ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment