Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

Cash and Bentz, it is finally THAT time, Christmas morning after Santa delivers a massive mound of gifts leaving only cookie crums behind! Unless I get you 'Your Baby Can Read' I feel confident I will not ruin your belief in Santa.... SO, this is behind the scenes of Christmas 2011 at our house ;c)

Like I said in the last blog, this year we didn't get through everything on the check list... Including visiting Santa.... For fear of a breakdown and the extreme stress of standing in a long mall line, I decided to fake it with help from photoshop... Its not like you would remember anyways haha
----Christmas Eve----
We spent a nice quiet evening at home with take-out Chinese in little boxes... It was JUST what I wanted!  Call me crazy but I've seen too many movies where the anti-Christmas folks eat take-out alone.... I decided to reclaim the cute little white and red boxes to make it a family affair! It was delicious and my new favorite place!
After stuffing ourselves to maxium capacity we made Christmas cookies for Santa and Gingerbread men for decorating! 
It was then time for opening the traditional one gift... 
Parents get to pick and just a hint, it will always be new (washed) PJs! haha What is better than new jammies for Christmas morning?! This goes for everyone in the fam...
After you fell asleep it was the moment i've been anticipating all month! It was an absolute JOY setting out all of the wonderful gifts in beautiful paper and bows...
 Making everything just perfect for the morning with you Dad was such a special memory....
After finishing up and taking a few pictures we called it night... 
---Christmas Day---
The next morning was PERFECT! I have more than a few videos of you ripping paper and playing with new toys...
Stockings went well, I knew you would like the light up bouncy balls, cars, tictacs (to shake) and big boy underwear! That is right little men, it is time for potty training! 
Shopping carts and mini brooms were a hit ...
Mom and Dad made out pretty well too! Dad finally got the red KitchenAid mixer with attachments he has always wanted! Plus a griddle, tool set, drill, shoes, booze and more! Me? I finally got a SodaStream and can have sparkling water with extra fizz whenever I want! Plus a tripod/monopod, zebra throw, Adele CD,  booze and more...It was everything I had imagined for Christmas morning and so much more!
After destroying the house with new toys we got ready to visit Grandmother's house for Christmas dinner. Gosh you guys are cute in sweater-vests!
As soon as we arrived uncle Maddox helped you open your new Radio Flyer mini bikes! WOO HOO! We exchanged gifts and had a few snacks before dinner...
 Giving gifts is always better than receiving ;c) Everyone seemed very pleased this year! Remote control car, Xbox points, disc golf dics and fingerless gloves from Etsy with matching hat!
Thanks Mom for the great gifts! Can't go wrong with alcohol and accessories! Rabbit aerating system plus pink zebra duct tape, tiny containers and ornament frames in a reusable pink/green bag... SCORE!
 Dinner was delicious as always! My mom is a fantastic cook, the chicken was PERFECT and she is a vegetarian! I was distracted slicing the bird and forgot to get a picture :c/ I was especially fond of the purple potatoes among the veggies! YUM...
After din-din and a few cocktails we put together the bikes so you could ride around with uncle Maddox! He got an industrial trike which Cash was obviously more interested in climbing...
I decided to bring my tripod for a family picture! I think it turned out very well all things considered haha
I also edited another picture with both of you looking at the camera and smiling (other family members had their eyes closed) The background is picture of the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis ;c)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
 It was a spectacular occasion and I enjoyed every single moment! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family! I miss everyone that I was unable to hug this holiday season and hope to see you soon! 
Cash Ryland & Bentley Jax, always remember that Christmas is about giving and family!
 I love you both equally and more than anything!









No comments:

Post a Comment