Monday, October 10, 2011

Rain Babies

I've lived in a few different states over the years.. Grew up in California, middle school/ high school in the NW, moved to Florida, Indiana for a year, a couple months in Pennsylvania... But I must admit I love Washington and Oregon! Doesn't get too hot or too cold... The threat of a tornado is slim as well as a devastating earthquake, volcano or hurricane... The only thing to worry about is getting wet from all the rain that makes this place so lush and GREEN! Yes its a drag when the back of my jeans are soaking wet or my iron straight hair becomes wavy and frizzy.... BUT I think it is a small price to pay for mild weather.. I am a fan of rain, it makes everything smell fresh, look clean and is great to listen to while falling asleep at night! 
Even slimy slugs, yucky spider webs and creepy lawn gnomes appear beautiful in the rain...
When I was a little girl my mom used to read this story to me called Rain Babies... I have it for you when you get a little older ;c)

Okay okay you get that I loveee the rain... Now I am passing on that love on to you ;c) I've taken you outside a few times during the last week to enjoy the FUN of a fresh rain! hehe
Wet sand seems to entertain you the most... I know in the future you will think i'm a terrible parent but here is a video of you drinking sand water (Pink look away)... I TRIED to get you to stop but you thought it was hilarious and kept doing it... Besides, it builds up your immunities right?? ;c)

Here are a few more pictures from outside...
You both get a kick out of the wind! You start smiling and looking up, wondering where it is all coming from... ADORABLE!
 Yes... I think this unkown pink flower is beautiful and photographed it again... as well as capturing tiny drops of rain on petals/leaves... Pretttty!
 ---------------------------------------
Over the weekend we had mucho fun as always ;c) Below are a few highlights caught on camera...
 Your Dad got you some black hoodies and we became a trio ;c)
We watched old school VHS', played with Grandmother, had a photo shoot and of course wrestled with your uncles!
We received some great Halloween clothes from your gandma Rhonda... Since i'm such a huge fan of the holiday I couldn't resist the urge to take your picture..
So scary but still so cute!
I love you both equally and more than anything!

ps- Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple passed away last week... I'm sure you will learn about him in school ;c) Here is a picture of you two in his famous black turtle neck look...

No comments:

Post a Comment