Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Vegetarian Delights & 'Knock You Naked' Brownies!

I have recently gone back to vegetarianism, ALMOST vegan but I loveeee cheese and can't give it up quite yet! My mom on the other hand is rock'n it up, GO MOM! Last weekend we made a trip to 4 different store including Chuck's Produce, Trader Joes and Whole Foods... Bought lots of tofu in attempts to make it taste good... Here are a couple of dinners we have made.. Enjoy!
Herb crusted tofu, black quinoa, mushrooms with onion, garlic and kale.. with a side salad.....It was scrumptious and all left overs were eaten the next day! The secret is 'Herbs de Provence'! Shhhhh!
Tofu curry anyone? I was a bit scared about this idea... I have never been a curry fan and am sensitive to hot flavors... But I gave it a shot... Baked brown rive, onions, garlic, mushrooms and peppers... all cooked in a vegetarian green thai curry sauce... served with salad and grape juice (wine).... YUMMMMM!
Alright... I said I was attempting to go vegan.. I just can't give up some dairy... For example we made 
'Knock You Naked Brownies' ... Bake layers of chocolate, caramel, pecans, and brown mix... Leave refrigerated over night and TA DA! This treat makes my mouth water... I highly recommend it to anyone who can eat it!!! Here is the recipe from the Pioneer Woman's blog ;c)
Also, I am currently addicted to Dave's Bread- SPELT! If you want to be my friend, bring me a loaf... I swear Freddy's only gets 3 a week and I buy them all! HAHA
" Just say NO to bread on drugs!"

Here are some more ideas for yummy vegan/vegetarian foods:
World Food's Vegan sloppy joe mix with homemade rosemary fries! OH YEAH!
Pinto/black beans with red onion, tomato, cilantro, avocado and lime, with a side of corn... NOM NOM NOM!  ** Replace butter for lime**
If all else fails, mix up every vegetable you can find, add some lentils and call it a STEW! Make a side of organic cornbread and you have meals for days!

** Cash and Bentley, just for the record you have eaten and enjoyed all of these foods... okay, I lied, I didn't give you curry tofu... BUT You are both well on your way to healthy living ;c)....At least with me, your Dad still gives you hot dogs.. haha





No comments:

Post a Comment