Friday, September 23, 2011

Last Day of Summer

Yesterday was the last day of summer and Grandmother's HEA picnic at Alderbrook. We had an absolutely wonderful time! Here are a collection of pictures...
All 7 of us, Grandmother, Grandpa Jon, Uncle Maddox, Uncle Jack, Cash, Bentley and myself, all piled into the giant van and headed out to this beautiful park in the middle of a forest. I was amazed by the mass of this  place, it had covered BBQ areas, a snack shack and a fountain with lemonade coming out of it! While I was feeding you some potluck food, Grandmother hollered at us to come on an adventure to find a woman with a red triplet stroller (just like your double)... After a small trek we found her, come to find out she had twin boys and 14 months later had another little boy! Champion! I am perfectly content with the two of you and do not need any more children ;c)
I would say the two of you were the happiest while running through this gigantic field towards the bouncy houses and the pond with paddle boats! Here is a little video of Cash running and clapping with excitement... Bentley stayed close to Grandmother... 

I had issues editing these videos... so forgive me... You may want to turn the volume down or mute.. haha
Here is a video of your first time in a bouncy house! Bentley you seemed to enjoy it the most... Cash, I figure  you didn't like being confined ;c)
After a short while we made it up to the lake that was FULL of black fish and salamanders or as I call them, newts. 
WAYYY out there in the distance is Grandpa Jon, Uncle Maddox and Uncle Jack in paddle boats.. We didn't have life jackets soooo unfortunately you were not able to enjoy the lake... Although you both tried to turn around and back down into it.. haha
Luckily close by was a pool and it had a nifty slopped kid side...
Again, I was not prepared to put you in the water and didn't bring the proper gear... The two of you didn't seem to mind... I was shocked at how adventuresome you both were the first time in a pool... You just kept going and wanting to naturally swim! I'll have to get you some lessons this year ;c)
After walking allll the way back, it was starting to get dark and time to leave... Cash you are pictured with a tired looking uncle Jack.... Bentley... you were with me and lets just say something weird happened with the camera and this was our shot! We look like ghosts.... or someone can't take a picture.. haha

It was a wonderful experience and you both crashed out on the way back... We will have to go back again more prepared!
I love you both equally and more than anything!

Ps Here are a couple of miscellaneous things from this summer...
The aztec sandbox was turned into a swimming pool and you both very much enjoyed that this summer... Cash you were laying down trying to swim! Even putting your face in the water! I was very impressed by your fearlessness of water...

I was having some water and you two wanted a drink... I decided I should see if you drink out of a straw... and by-golly, you can! You never cease to amaze me my dears ;c)







No comments:

Post a Comment