Friday, September 16, 2011

First Zoo Trip

Cash and Bentley, my beautiful baby boys, today we ventured to the Zoo for the first time! My good friend Travis got us in for free (okay you would have been free anyways lol) It was the perfect northwest day, overcast, mild temp and scattered showers... Luckily there were few people and we easily meandered around. Here are a few pics from our adventure ;c)

 It was fabulous to have Travis push you guys, not only did it give me a little break, but I was able to take pictures ;c)
 Black Bear... Rawarrr!
 Super neat rock water fall with brass fishy
 As I approached this window, the cougar tried to eat my face off! It made a thump on the glass so hard I jumped back.. The guy next to us thought I fell haha
These scary monkey friends were eyeballing the crowd... Almost as if they were strategically planning how to get us all!
 This black one was much creepier...
 We took a little break for snack time and allowed you to run around... Of course you didn't want to get buckled back in the stroller...
Bentley, you are such a sweet little boy... always so patient and loving... plus you love to talk and sing in this quiet high pitched voice... its adorable!
 Cash, this would be an accurate picture of your personality... You are my "strong-willed" child and like things YOUR way... I like that you are so independent my dear but we need to work on the grumple-stiltskinnyness (nice way of saying you snarl when you don't get your way...lol)

 This was a neat hooded vulture you both were able to see up close...
 MOM's favorite animal, ZEBRA... It was a huge let down that there was only one lone zebra hiding out... :c(
This wise money was telling me something... I just know it! 
The two of you were very interested in the giraffes.. It was so sweet to watch you hold out your hands like you wanted to pet them...
 (* I am forever reminded of my dear friend Jess and her giraffe David...bloody hell*)
 I love seeing all of the animals at the zoo... reminds me of working at Disney World in the Animal Kingdom Lodge... However, its hard to see the animals in cages when they should be out in the wild...
Poor little elephant..
 It was super sweet to see you interact with someone new, you both have such loving personalities... Well Cash, you do when you are not trying to kick your bro or gouge his eyeballs out...(Bents is holding hands)
 I would say the most magical thing we saw were the giant sea lions! First we saw them do tricks for food...
 Walking  underneath we saw them swimming next to the glass...
 Travis put his face up the window and the sea lion came down to kiss him! It was SO NEAT!
We had a marvelous time... Although you wont remember this trip, i'm glad we could spend the day at the Oregon Zoo ;c) Thank you again to our buddy Travis (TGB) for taking us!  Next time I want to take you to the children's museum!

I love you both equally and more than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment