Saturday, August 20, 2011

California Vacation!

Yes, i've been slacking again... but this time I have a BETTER excuse.... we went down to California to visit your Grandfather Marty(my Dad) and your Uncle Keaton! It took him(KJ)  flying up to help fly us down and fly back with us, JUST to get down to Nevada City ;c) It was well worth it, thank you Dad!
Keaton's girlfriend Lexi picked us up in an Excursion and drove us back 2 hours in style ;c)
It was rather late when we arrived and we went to bed shortly after.
Bright and early the next morning you were out and exploring the 25 acres and splashed around in a horse troff (we do not have horses, so it was clean haha
*Bentley*                                        *Cash*
It was so amazing to watch you run around and soak up everything around you! Including lots of SUN!!
I am impressed that the two of you figured out stairs quickly! ** You have never been around stairs before
The flowers were so beautiful I had to snap a few photos ;c) Okay, lots of pictures....
We attempted to put you in the pool for the first time, but quickly realized you needed to be a little older for this type of flotation device haha So back to the tub of water you ran...
After hours of fun it was time for a nap... I thought a nice ride in the stroller would do the trick... Wellll for Bentley it did..  I guess you were having too much fun Cash ;c)
That evening we had delicious tri-tip which i forgot to photograph.... with broccoli and corn.. yummmm! ** I did snap a picture the last night when we indulged again...

Oh, and my new favorite beverage maker... I can make sparkling water by the bucket fulls! WOO HOO! I'm totally adding this to my wish list...
The next morning you woke up and heading right outside... Grandfather Marty gave you some punchy balloons that didn't last long due to its attraction of dog hair... yucky!
We had a wonderful surprise visit from your great grandmother Josephine, she just recently turned 97!!! Amazing! It was wonderful to see her and your great uncle Larry (not pictured due to the consuming of Klondike bars..hahaha...)
Of course as soon as you could, you were out enjoying nature... neither of you watched TV the entire time! 
I must admit that I am not fond of animals due to my terrible allergies and inability to have some sort of "bond" with a creature... Anyways, you loved Amber the dog and it was sort of sweet ;c)
I can never get enough of the beauty of this place ;c)
..
Sunday we went to THE fair that I grew up on in Grass Valley! Woo Hoo! When we first arrived these sweet girls wanted to show you two their Pigmy goats, I bought you some shades due to the early morning sun... it didn't take long until you were playing with ;c) I got myself a delicious corn dog! YUM! Uncle Keaton and Lexi met up with us for lunch and strolled around a bit...
You already know you were very well behaved but i'll tell you anyway, THANK YOU for being so good.... and falling asleep so I could make you look like little rock stars ;c)
After our arrival back, it was time for more water fun!!!
Next morning was another gorgeous day! Grandfather Marty and I played gin rummy, our favorite card game from growing up ;)
While we talked for hours, I inquired about his senior year book ** a portrait I have tattooed on me ;c)
His senior quote "It is the mind that makes the body rich"
I found out he was just about in every club, a varsity football player and a total catch back in the day ;c)
** The two pictures on the bottom left are just funny photos i found.... "Future Homemakers of America" and a picture of boys, rifles and dead mud hens... Too funny!!! Oh and your uncle Keaton looks identical to your Grandfather in some of these.. it's crazy!
Keaton in 1965! hahahahaha
Since we were being a bit nostalgic, we tried to get you into the sailor suit that was his and then I was photographed looking the same... BUT it was not what either of you wanted to do... Maybe next time ;c)
After days or exploring I could tell you were far more advanced than I could have ever imagined! You two are absolutely AMAZING and I am so lucky to be your MOM!
We had a wonderful time and look forward to our next visit!!!

I love you both equally and more than anything!!!



















2 comments:

  1. Wow Brit! how special. SOOOO many memories at that house :) Your dad and brother look great! I cant believe Keaton is so old!!! Remember when we used to dress him up like a princess? haha. Tell them both I say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri, this is so amazing...a true work of art. What is so time-space weird is that it is like going back in time 23 years and watching your mom with two of you! Thank you daughter. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete