Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Farm!

Saturday
The morning started off bright and early as usually with two adorable boys grabbing my face to open my eyes ( I was awake but my eyes wanted more rest haha)... Breakfast was cheerios and peaches :c)



Yes, I am talking to my little men and capturing a moment I will enjoy looking back upon for years to come...
Here are a few more photos from breakfast...

After clean-up and a little play it was time for a nap and the boys indicated to me that outside was really the ONLY thing they wanted.... So a walk we will go... Plus we saw a pretty rainbow right as we were walking out!!!
As we began walking I decided we should venture to the mall and visit Josh (Saturday he visits his Vancouver store). SURPRISE!!!


We had lunch together while the boys miraculously slept through all the noise of the mall...
 After walking back home it was time to repeat the eating cycle and get in a little play before prepaing to go visit my mom ;c)

Lets just say this weekend didn't start off very well and I hate our neighbors... BUT I did manage to get my Mom to watch the boys while Josh and I went to a movie ;c)
Well.. At least that was originally the plan... Cinetopia in the living room theater! Woo Hoo!

Everything was going great until we were about to buy the tickets online an hour before the movie started and it was SOLD OUT!!! uhhhh This was the last thing I needed to happen... and i'll be honest I was in a pissy mood! LUCKILY Josh is a ROCKSTAR and saved the night by asking this simple question:
"Do you want to go to The Farm?"


Immediately my spirits were lifted and I gave him a BIG hug! I was now on cloud nine and about to indugle in my all-time favorite dish on the PLANET! Herb Crusted Tofu with Mushrooms Marsala!!!
(**Breaded and herbed tofu cutlets with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and crimini mushroom Marsala**) If you have never heard of The Farm Cafe please check it out!
(This photo if from their web site... its much better than mine haha)

We arrived at the farm to add our names to a wait list of 30 to 45 mins.. We headed back to the bar (which was PACKED) so we headed outside on the patio... Abandoned due to the rain but absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the smell of rain and fabulous food ;c)
** Josh and I **
FINALLY we sat down at our mini table yayyyy! The art in this place is AMAZING and the lighting is very dim with candles placed on the tables to read the menu ;c)

As Josh read over the menu he mentioned he was having a difficult time finding something vegetarian to eat... "I'm a steak and potatoes guy" he said loud enough for the couple next to us to burst out laughing HAHA That was the beginning of great dinner conversation and a fabulous time! It was great to get out of the house and interact with adults :c) On the other side of us happened to be the president of the twin mothers club of Oregon *FHM*! It was great to talk to another MOM!
** Josh has the halibut and for desert a pecan cheesecake with caramel drizzle... yummmm**

It was a fantastic and well deserved night out! Thank you Josh ;c) We were off to pick up the boys and on our way home by 10pm.. haha Although "early" for a Saturday night, we were exhausted and ready to relax at home...
 <3

Thank you Merr for watching the boys and THANK you Josh for a wonderful evening!
 I love my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment