Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Thai Food Party


Sunday we were invited to our friends Jeff and Christy for a holiday party featuring some delicious homemade Thai food! For anyone that loves Thai food this was an absolute dream come true and I can only hope one day Jeff will  teach me a thing or two...
It was wonderful to be around good friends and delicious food! On the menu was chicken satay, cucumber salad, lemon chicken, fried rice, shrimp, tender steak and sweet/sour pork... Complete with sweet chili sauce and two different peanut sauces...  I was in absolute BLISS...
I did manage to learn how to make PERFECT spring rolls and made sure I took one home for later ;c) Now I need to learn how to make the yummy sauces...
The two of you had no complaints about the food...  I was a little worried you would damage their beautiful tree and open the shiny presents under the tree... You only managed to take off the bows and rip a piece of one gift... At least you didn't damage the gigantic 3D TV! Oh and thanks J&C, I'm so glad I watched the Bon Jovi music video in 3D haha
It was cute to watch you smell instead of touch of the tree, thank you boys... 
This holiday party was nice and quaint with just 6 adults and the two of you little men... It was sweet to watch you interact with new people and of course you both LOVE Christy! Especially you Bentz ;c)
For dessert Christy gave you guys a rice crispy treat and Cash my friend, you devoured it! 
I did attempt to take pictures in front of the perfect tree... BUT I was having trouble with you sitting still while I took pictures without a flash... As a result the tree lights cannot be seen and you were not in the mood anyway ;c)
**You guys need to learn to hang on or I wont be holding you two at the same time for much longer ;c)
Around 10pm we called it night... WHEW you didn't break anything or have any major meltdowns... just a minor bloody lip...
After getting back you guys didn't waste any time trying to get out of your dress shirts..
Time for sleep?? haha
It was a FANTASTIC evening, thank you Jeff for making a spectacular dinner and thank you Christy for being such a splendid pseudo MOM! We can't wait to get together again soon!
 I was also thrilled we were able to get a picture of the four of us in front of a Christmas tree!

NOTE TO SELF: Do NOT wear neon yellow socks to a house where you take off your shoes ;c)




1 comment:

  1. I cannot get over how sweet this is for you to do for the boys!! Your picture in front of the tree is beautiful, yellow socks and all ;)

    ReplyDelete