Monday, November 21, 2011

Duct Tape Santa, Gifts, Poker and Tok...What A Wonderful Weekend!

Cash and Bentley, my super sweet best-friend-twins.... This weekend was quite productive and lots of fun! Your lucky mom won her fourth radio contest in a week! Breaking Dawn premier tickets, VV Brown(canceled and given rain check), Snow Patrol and the Candy Cane cruise with Gavin DeGraw... I will say that my entire life i've been pretty lucky with contests and raffles.... PLUS I got you two in one shot! Identical twin boys, how LUCKY am I?! 
Along with jamming out to the radio, I decorated the house with Christmas-ness and made duct tape creations!
Okay okay, I totally put your outfits on from last year to see how much you had grown... Honestly you looked like little elves ;c) I managed to create a duct tape Santa out of boxes, I was pretty impressed I came up with this entirely on my own haha
You guys loveeee hats, so I wasn't shocked you were both crazy about the collection of Xmas caps. I also made a few gifts with bows and a candy cane out of duct tape...
My favorite would have to the black and white with zebra bow!
Sunday Grandmother came to watch you while Dad and I went over to our old place to do some cleaning and get the last few miscellaneous items... I love that your Dad can tell when I am having one of my "moods" and does everything to make me happy...he met me back at the house with my favorite wine and purple flowers ;c)
 While you guys played hide-n-seek in the cupboards (weird word), Dad showed me how to play texas hold'em, we played with paper dots as chips ;c)

After I won on the "river" card, we put you to bed and looked up pictures of your Dad's home town of Tok, Alaska.... I'll be honest, I was still pretty clueless about Alaska...In my mind its always covered in snow, everyone has snowdogs, lives in igloos and its located somewhere near the Yukon territory, which is inhabited  ONLY by the abominable snowman...
In reality it is GORGEOUS and I can't wait to take a family trip! However Alaska is HUGE (maps are deceiving) and after our flight we would need to drive 500 miles! At the moment you both are a little young... Plus it gets SUPER cold, your Dad said he saw -82 degrees! I don't know how anyone could live! Apparently the cars have plug in heaters to warm up the engines... Also something called the Iditarod race, its over 1150 miles on dog sleds with real dogs! Below are a few pictures of Tok/Alaska, and yes it really looks like this, I asked about 20 times!
All of a sudden it was 2am and way past bed time! It was wonderful to learn more about Alaska and hear stories about your Dad's younger years... The weekend was wonderful and I look forward to the next month of holiday cheer, good food and most importantly family ;c)
-----------------------------------------------------
I love you both equally and more than anything!



1 comment:

  1. If this is the impression that Josh gave you of TOK, well, it the WINTER time scene! We were there in July, and it was warm, just like in Vancouver. And, you can fly to Fairbanks which closer to TOK, not 500 miles away. Ask him to tell you the interesting story about when the sun shines almost 24 hours. It is really nice there in the summer time. Go in JULY. And, you can take the boys to the North Pole town where there are reindeer and SANTA, just outside Fairbanks. Also, you can mine for gold, see the Alaskan pipeline, and go to Denali National Park. There is a bubble top train that travels across from Anchorage to Fairbanks, and that is phenominal. And, then you can travel onto the Yukon Territory, board the river boat, travel down the Yukon River, get out and onto the historical train that travels to Skagway along the old Gold Rush railroad. Then, get on a ship to Sitka, and next day see the glaciers and eventually end up in Vancouver, BC as you travel the Inside Passage. Alaska is BIG, that is for sure, but reminds you much of where you live in many ways. I am sure the winters are unbearably cold and covered in snow and ice and dark 24 hours a day, so don't go then. I have lots of pictures if you are ever interested in seeing some of them. Tell Josh he came from a beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete