Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring Craft

I have recently found a use for my collection of mason jars! I had no idea how many NEAT decorative pieces they can be transformed into!

If I had more money, jars, time and permanent residence... I would create this AMAZING light fixture!

BUT that is not the case so I went with my original plan to use them as spring vases ;c) Last night I had the pleasure of going to the craft store to pick up supplies for my upcoming sign project... While I was there I picked up some faux flowers to place in the jars. 
Let me back up, this kinda all started when I was doing the laundry the other day and a string on a pair of shorts had come out and I thought it was a COOL  looking pattern.... I called upon my creative side and decided  to snip a piece and tie it around a mason jar.. hmmm... TA-DA! This simple project was born... *Obviously this is a common craft and do not take credit for the original idea*
I cut off a few tips and placed them at the bottom of the jars for more color ;c) I think they turned out pretty well! Springy center piece for the mantel above the fireplace.. YAY!

Now... what to do with the other two jars I have on standby... Soap dispenser? Lantern? The possibilities are endless... 

Now to find a piece of old wood... hmmmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. another fantastic project! i love that you put a few of the flower buds at the bottom to help spread the color :) And those two little boy figurines are adorable :)

    And I love the light fixture/chandelier idea!!

    ReplyDelete