Wednesday, March 9, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Craft

It dawned on me today that I slacked a little and St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner... A usual day for heavy drinking, wearing green, Irish pride and leprechauns with gold at the end of a rainbow...? Wait what? I'm a little confused as to how these things all came to be associated with one another in a yearly celebration...**Let me do some research** 

Well prior to interest in the history of the holiday, I knew I needed an outfit for the boys... hmmm... I didn't feel like trying to find two of the same size St. Patty's Day outfits at the LAST minute... SO I obviously needed to call upon my creative side and think of something for the boys' photo...First I went through the massive collection of "outgrown clothing" (Bentley can still wear 3 month clothing...) WOO HOO! I found some green 3-6mos onsies with a cute saying that could pertain to the holiday...I did a little home-made photo shoot and although they are EXTREMELY adorable photos I still wanted to do something MORE!


.Using two new plain white 'onsies' that I had been saving for whatever reason... also using a doodle of 'Lucky Twins' with a simple clover, green&black Sharpies and a green ink pad (left-over from my scrapbooking days)....
Now.... if I was creating just ONE and did not feel the need to make them IDENTICAL... I may have been more free in my artistic interpretation of my doodle... However; I am OCD and wanted them to look as similar as possible.. Meanwhile I practice ink prints for fun...
**(4 toed Leprechaun I almost caught once)**

I made a few mistakes.. so what... They are home-made keepsakes and it was fun ;c) I love 
you Cash Ryland and Bentley Jax!!!
I was inspired to do their individual hand-prints (which turned out to be extremely difficult)... I did a 'test', which turned out better than when I printed it on the 100% cotton onsies.... 

 Of course I had take some pictures of the boys for a themed print for their baby books... 

** I added some yellow balls to simulate gold ;c) **
However the green ink did not come off as easily as presumed... lol
**I also have black sharpie on my nail... haha


I love them so much its contagious... Just look at these sweet faces...hehe



No comments:

Post a Comment